I love peppering my loft’s decor with interesting accents that add visual interest to a mostly modern space. One of my favorite touches are funky, slightly ornate mirrors both for their texture and also for the space-expanding effect of mirrors. I’ve amassed a small collection over the years, some adorn the vanity area of my bathroom, and others have been scattered about — until today. A simple dose of white lacquer (my solution to many makeover projects, like these awesome vintage candle sticks) transformed a trio of mismatched vintage mirrors into a fun monochromatic display for the column in my loft.
What you need:
- masking tape
- newspaper / junk mail flyers
- drop cloth
- white lacquer spray paint
- ventilation & a small amount of patience to let the paint dry between coats!
- set up your area with the drop cloth
- tape newspaper to the mirror being careful to cover all of the mirror, but none of the frame
- shake & spray — remember: don’t spray too close, keep the spray paint moving so you don’t over-saturate one spot, several light coats are better than one goopy thick one with drip spots.
- Let dry completely, hang, and admire your craftiness.